Saturday, November 21, 2015

Yusuf ibn Tashin and his merry band of Moors (The Beginning)

I was sure there was another faction that could take the camels and looking through the Crusade and Crescent book I discovered this was the case!

If the Moors take Ben Yousef (Yusuf ibn Tashin) as their Warlord they can do all sorts of interesting things:  They can dismount up to 8 Hearthguard as the Black Guard, they can declare up to 8 Hearthguard as Senegalese on white horses and they can exchange up to 8 mounted warriors for 8 Tuareg on Camels.

As luck would have it, I have 8 camels from my Mutatawwi'a force (though I think the Tuaregs would have less ornate harnesses and would probably be less colourful). I also have some Black Guard that are partly painted from when Ed and I were planning to do an El Cid campaign (originally for WAB and then Hail Caesar) that kept getting pushed aside. From the same project I also have a figure for Yusuf himself partly painted (and currently sharing a base with an Imam who will also come in handy for Saga. I have 4 Hearthguard cavalry from the Mutatawwi'a box and 4 from the Moors box so it looks like I am ready to go.

In an effort to provide some accountability I will post the state of the Warband now and then see how much I can get done in a weekend!


There are 4 Black Guard that are pretty much done so I only need to finish up another 4. Yusuf and the Imam need to be rebased individually and have some details done. (The remaining Black Guard will have to wait a little longer)

The Cavalry has the furthest to go (the ones in front don't even have the riders glued on yet)

The camels need detail work and shading (and everybody needs basing work done).

The first step is to find some spears for the Black Guard...

Stay tuned for more postings (or a shameful silence...)


2 comments:

  1. Staying tuned, lol...I've got some crusaders willing to fight...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am making some pretty good progress so they should be finished in the near future (I will post this weekends progress later today but I don't think they will be finished) but I do have enough painted to field the other 2 factions so any time the Crusaders are ready for action, let me know

    ReplyDelete