Monday, September 5, 2016

State of the Game and Zombie progress

Well the blog might itself might have seen a bit zombie-like for most of this year. I have been quite busy and I do have some posts to finish on Cangames and my trip to Louisburg and some other odd games but I thought I would just post on what I am working on right now.

I have been very busy with work this year and my painting has been a bit start and stop but I have made some progress on painting my Franks for Saga -- I was slightly disheartened by reading the strategy discussion on the Muskets and Tomahawks forum which suggests the Franks are among the weakest factions but I still like the idea of them (and especially the special rules around Roland).

I have had 2 games in with them (and anyone who knows my Saga playing habits, 2 games with any one faction is almost a record) and I think I am getting a sense for how they work. (Not taking any Levy until the Saga dice are maxed out seems to be a key to the strategy so painting the Levy first was probably not the smartest thing to do)

Frostgrave is also high on my gaming schedule and I have started quite a few figures for it but never seem to get any finished.



I had bought the starter bundle for Warlord games Project Z in the spring and in attempt to get it actually painted and ready, I have committed to running a game in November. Although I was working for a large part of this weekend, Ed came up on Saturday afternoon and I managed to glue together all the figures from the basic box plus the Special Ops and Ed was very excited to see the Z-Mart terrain from Sarrisa Precision so he did quite a good job in getting that together and painted.



There are somethings that I had planned to paint but haven't -- My US forces for Team Yankee are still mostly sitting in their shrink wrapped boxes. I was going to buy an infantry force for my Italians for the upcoming campaign at the club and I decided I didn't really want to paint that much 15mm infantry so I didn't even buy them -- I do have some tanks that I didn't get painted last time that I will paint up and I have been sort of looking at ebay to see if there is a painted Fucilere force since I would like to have one even if I don't want to paint one.

Hopefully the blog will get updated much more often with some progress on these projects (and the backlog games as well)

3 comments:

  1. I wouldn't worry about the internet's view of Franks to much, I got murdered by them in the last tournament so I am sure you can do well if you can figure out the right stuff to use.

    Looking forward to the Zombie stuff, should be a good laugh!

    I guess we will have to schedule some Saga games sometime soon, maybe end of September early October or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the Franks can be good (though probably not great) but their abilities are tricky since you have to put so many dice in the combat pool to make it effective.

    I am looking forward to the zombies as well, I have an interesting scenario in mind (involving a fight in a grocery store, surprisingly enough!)

    Work should be slowing down to a more normal pace again this week so I should be around for Saga throughout the Fall

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very much looking forward to the zombies...while my hope was to focus on a dedicated project, my painting has still been somewhat unfocused...so I feel some of your pain.

    ReplyDelete