Friday, September 7, 2018

Sarrisa Motel Planning



After playing the Walking Dead on the Labour Day long weekend, I decided that I need to paint up some more of my Sarrisa buildings. The grocery store is really cool but it is just too big for some games as its footprint is pretty much the same as one of the Mantic 20”x20” maps.


There is probably some planning that will need to go into this and what better way to do that than to post on my blog for the first time in a year and a bit!


In hindsight, it might have been better to spray paint some of the pieces before assembly but I think a lot can still be done with spray paint and some simple masking (at least I hope it is simple, I have never done anything like that)



Here is the motel -- I haven’t assembled any of the parts that have acrylic pieces since I don’t want to paint over them. One of the buildings was put together back to front (it still surprises my that it is possible since Sarrisa sells the left and right wings are different kits) -- this is annoying but doesn’t really have any aesthetic or game issues.


For the two wings my plan of attack is to put some filler on the ground to give a bit of texture and some sand on the roof and then spray prime black. For colour I am thinking a pale yellow exterior, cream coloured interior walls and red-brown carpets. I am not sure yet if I want to paint the balconies and support as wood or concrete.


For the reception building, I plan to have the same colour scheme and with any luck I will have my 3D printer running again and can print some signage.



The clear acrylic balcony and stair railings I plan to distress a bit with some sandpaper and give them a grimy wash



Hopefully I will have a bit of an update in the next week or so

No comments:

Post a Comment