Saturday, February 28, 2015

Saracen Warband and some Roman miscellany

Here are some photos of the Saracen warband as they prepare for battle this afternoon


I still have to trim the banner (it got glued on this morning) and I decided to order more decals for the shields rather than trying to paint them. I would also like to do more detail work but, to be honest,  I am not sure that will ever happen.

I am very interested in seeing how all the horse archers will work out in Saga, it certainly seems like it will be fun but it might take a while for it to be effective.

I will probably post some pictures of today's battles in the near future

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warlord games has had dice with Roman Numerals for a while and I finally gave into temptation and ordered some when I was ordering some Bolt Action dice.

It is too bad the font doesn't look ancient but I think they are fun and not too confusing to read

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ed has painted up the Caesar and Vercingetorix command stand for me and sent me some pictures

I feel that the shackles should have been emphasized more but I think it will look really good in person.

For the Cangames game, if the Roman player defeats a British leader they will be able to replace one of their leader stands with this. I would like to do an Alesia game at some point (though to be fair, I guess I would need a stand that shows Vercingetorix as the victor as well)





No comments:

Post a Comment