Sunday, March 1, 2015

Fate of a Nation Final Round

We had the final game of our Fate of a Nation Tank Aces campaign at the club today. There were 4 of us so we decided to do one big 2 on 2 game. Stan and I took the Israelis against Mike with the Jordanians and John with the Egyptians.

 Stan and I had identical forces each with an M-51 ISherman company command, a platoon of 3 IShermans and a platoon of 2 Sho'ts. The Egyptians had command of 1 T-55, a platoon of 10 T-55s as well as a platoon of T-34/85s and an AA platoon with 57mm AA. The Jordanians had command of M48, 2 platoons of M48 and infantry in M113s.

This was our first time playing with the point values from the proper book (rather than the magazine supplement) and the first game that had platoons (in the smaller point value Tank Aces games, each tank is treated as a n independent team).

We rolled for the Pincer mission so we started with all the Israelis on the table attacking and the Arab forces had half their force in delayed reserve and one ambush platoon.

The game started out well with my company wiping out the T-34/85s facing them. Stan had less luck (and was facing bigger tanks) and only managed to bail out one T-55.

On the Arab turn they got air support and ranged in on my Sho'ts
This resulted in one of the Sho'ts being destroyed.

I moved my IShermans up to fire at the T-55s and destroyed one. In the excitement I forgot to spread out the tanks in case of a future air attack.

It turned out not to matter because all 3 tanks were wiped out by the Jordanian Pattons before the plane got to strike! At that point all I had left was the company command tank.

By the next turn, Stan had lost his 2 Sho'ts and we decided to call the game and play another mission.

It was a fun game, I am still not sure how the Israelis can deal with the numbers against them. Maybe taking Pattons rather than Sho'ts is part of the solution (though I don't have any painted at the moment so it wasn't really a choice for today).

I will post the AAR for the second game in a later blog.







No comments:

Post a Comment