Thursday, March 26, 2015

Semper Fidelis



I finished up some Roman Marines and Western Ally archers.



For the Cangames game, the Marines will just count as Veteran Medium Infantry but I do hope to get some boats for them at some time. Warlord used to make a command set for these guys but it has been discontinued, I have some extra shields so I may get an Aventine miniatures Auxiliary command set and use it for these guys.



These guys could pass as Legion archers as well.

We will see how they do in the playtest this weekend!

I have (barely) started painting the Legion unit I had assembled already and that should be all I need for the Cangames game. I will then put aside the Romans to concentrate on WWII (in both 15mm and 28mm) for a while. They are my favourite army to paint so I imagine units will be sneaking their way into my painting queue!



3 comments:

  1. They look great i like the trident and the sea monster on the shields that is pretty cool.

    Apparently the guy that does lasalle and those games is making a Roman one next so maybe this is the year of the Romans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the look of the Marines -- If I ever do Republican Romans I will certainly do a unit of the Legion that was formed from Marines.

    I had a look at Aurelian ( http://www.sammustafa.com/honour/2015/03/introducing-aurelian/ )and the rules are for lateish Empire Romans. For some reason I would have thought him more of a Punic Wars period sort of gamer. I will certainly pick those up when they come out.

    ReplyDelete